Here I explain, how to prepare a delicious halwa for 2 persons.
It will not take more than 25mins to prepare.
- Besan (Gram Flour) 75gms
- Suji (Rava) 75gms
- Sugar 150gms
- Ghee (clarified butter) 100gms
- Cashew 5-8 (break each to smaller pieces)
- Raisins (8-10 pieces)
- Elaichi (Cardamom)
- Water (500ml)
- Milk (200ml)
- Mix the suji and besan together in a bowl.
- Warm ghee for 2 minutes in a dry pan.
- Then, add suji-besan mix and fry/stir until its becomes pink/light brown. (around 5-7 minutes)
Simultaneously, warm 500ml of water and liquify sugar.
- Once the mixture is reddish in colour add sugared water to the pan.
- Stir until it dries a little to a paste like substance.
- Add milk to increase the taste.
- Now add raisins, elaichi and crushed cashews.
- Serve hot.
Tips for improvements:
- Amount of suji = Amount of besan
- Amount of water = Amount of suji + Amount of besan
- Amount of sugar = Amount of suji + Amount of besan
- Add any other dry fruit (sweet in taste) to escalate taste
- Don’t fry the mixture of suji-besan too much
- Instead of ghee use olive oil if health conscious
The final pic of the delicious halwa: